
I tried watching it before a year or so ago but didn't finish it. So it was nice to see it in its entirety.
I enjoyed it quite a lot. I can definitely feel the main character of Alexander Supertramp as he calls himself, as I've been feeling many of the same things he talks about and feels in the film. It scared me in that I can see myself doing a similar thing in just leaving this whole society behind to venture into the unknown. Whats more scary to me is not doing something like this, and just taking things easy and not putting myself out there to experience new and dangerous situations. Idk. I still have a lot to learn, and going out there and doing something would help.

Technically the film is beautifully shot with amazing location photography from Arizona, South Dakota, Nevada, California to Alaska. The performances were all really good across the board as well. Emile Hirsch was great as the lead, and all the supporting characters brought something new and interesting throughout the film from Vince Vaughn, to the always captivating Kristen Stewart, and to the well deserved Oscar nominated performance of Hal Holbrook in one of the later segments of the film. There is also an interesting cameo with Zach Galifianakis where his accent is so good you can barely tell its him.

Overall, a really good film for anyone who as ever thought about leaving it all behind and going Into the Wild.
I was in Alaska - from Anchorage to Barrow - for two weeks and watched this movie as well. Definitely recommend you to go to Alaska(esp.Denali, Fairbanks and Barrow), you will get a lot of inspiration and ideas from this so-true-mother-nature land, which gave such a huge impact into my art.
ReplyDelete