Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tooosday

Did a nice little 2.5 miler.

Went to Wegmans.

Got this awesome 8-Bit Weezer album.

Went and saw (500)Days of Summer. This movie more than any other in a long time did the most important things you can do in a film. I felt connected to the main character Tom played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I felt his happiness, his pain, his confusion and loneliness throughout the film. The film is a realistic portrayal of a modern romance. One that is every adjective in the book. The film illustrates through hopeless romantic Tom's point of view the entire relationship of one girl named Summer. Starting from the day they first meet-> through courting->relashionship->downfall->breakup-> till the day he finally moves on completely.


The non-linear structure of the film really helps illustrate the entire arc of Tom and Summers relationship as we get to see Tom crushed early on, then get too see how he got to that point, then how he gets better. It realistically shows how the male hopeless romantic mind works like no other film I've seen before it. It's definitely good to see a romantic film geared for a male audience and perspective. I could spoil the ending and moral of the story, but its far better to just go see it and experience it for yourself and make your own conclusions. I know I've been saying that about a lot of films lately, but it's just been a incredibly awesome week of watching films with this one, District 9 and Inglorious Basterds.


Wrote 15 more pages of my first feature length script tonight. Going to get the first draft done before school starts on the 7th of Sept.

It's 5am, damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment